Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society’s toughest problems. Tides pursues multiple, related strategies to promote this mission. From green nonprofit centers to programmatic consulting, donor advised funds to fiscal sponsorship, grants management to risk management and more, Tides gives members of the nonprofit and philanthropic community freedom to focus on the change it wants to see. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
The Nonprofit Centers Network’s mission is to increase the capacity and effectiveness of the nonprofit sector by supporting the development and ongoing operations of multi-tenant nonprofit centers and other quality nonprofit workspace. Our Vision is of a future when every nonprofit organization has access to the workspace it needs to support and sustain healthy, vibrant communities.
The Membership and Events Coordinator plays a key role in developing and communicating the value of NCN, identifying and cultivating new members, and ensuring existing members get the most out of their relationship with NCN. This role sustains and builds NCN’s membership through ongoing member engagement (online and in-person), member recruitment/retention strategy development and execution, and management/enrichment of membership data/tracking and online member portal/listserv.
In partnership with the member base, this role collaboratively determines how NCN can best build the capacity and effectiveness of its members while supporting NCN’s sustainability by ensuring that NCN’s services and programs are appropriately valued.
This role also researches, understands, and promotes best practices around shared space and shared services in partnership with the Steering Committee, other NCN staff, and NCN membership. This will include developing content for online resources/publications, webinars, and in-person events.
The Membership and Events Coordinator is a non-exempt position. Some evening and weekend work required for events, programs, and member engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Member management (65%)
- Meet or exceed membership recruitment and retention goals.
- Serve as main contact for all member inquiries.
- Manage member scholarship process for membership.
- Collect, analyze, and report member feedback on NCN programs and events.
- Develop and execute successful strategies to recruit and orient new members; ensure member renewals; and upgrade current members’ status.
- Manage membership application, orientation, and renewal process.
- Maintain member data system to ensure accuracy and completeness of member information.
- Work closely with other NCN staff to continually inform members of services and benefits of membership; assist with the execution of email and other marketing efforts.
- Assist with member communication activities that drive attendance at NCN events and increase use/contribution of online resources, including Wiki and Ask-NCN listserv.
- Maintain the Ask-NCN Listserv, including moderation of posts, archiving of shared documents, and development of new resources based on peer-sourced input.
- Serve as the primary administrator of member databases and other digital platforms, ensuring data integrity.
- Prepare organizational marketing materials to reflect depth, reach, and impact of NCN.
- Manage market research and survey efforts to better understand nonprofit shared space sector, awareness of NCN, and prospective member needs.
- Process membership payments.
- Collaborate with/manage vendors and interns for database and other digital platform management, as needed.
- Review membership levels and member service/benefit utilization rates annually and recommend changes, as warranted.
Event Coordination (15%)
- Coordinate and support regional member convenings to build community and share learnings among peer organizations.
- Support development of an annual social purpose real estate event, including site selection, member outreach, partner development, marketing, and logistics.
Content Development & Delivery (20%)
- In collaboration with other NCN staff, develop and execute webinars, Ask-NCN Live Calls, and other content, including recruitment, selection, and coaching of speakers; marketing efforts to drive attendance; development of topics/material using data/inquiries from current and prospective members and consulting clients; management of technology (or technology vendors) to ensure smooth execution; and follow-up surveys to evaluate quality & relevance to attendees.
- Manage member and non-member access to digital and written assets and review content on a regular basis to ensure content accuracy; lead revisions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and projects;
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of clients;
- Strong organizational and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage complex situations and meet deadlines;
- Experience working with database systems to maintain data integrity;
- Demonstrated knowledge of, or interest in, NCN key issue areas: nonprofit real estate development, shared services, and capacity building.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with marketing techniques and strategies;
- Ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment;
- Excellent skills with technology applications: Zoom, online survey tools, MS Office Suite products, Cloud computing, e-mail marketing platforms, social media, etc.
- Ability to develop creative and new content and programming that attracts NCN members and the broader nonprofit shared space/service community to share knowledge and build connections.
- Resourceful, self-starter with an ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Ability to think critically and creatively to find effective solutions.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of related work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position preferably in a membership support capacity for an association or nonprofit organization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with others to understand them and to be understood.
- Must be able to read and compose documents so that their intent is easily understood.
- Must be able to lift at least ten pounds from the floor to four (4) feet above the floor.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer and telephone to conduct business.
- Must be able to maneuver between three (3) floors and within small office spaces.